Letter L-25: Notification of Results of Investigation: Violation
Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested
[City, State, Zip]
[City, State, Zip]
On [insert date], the U.S. Department of Labor’s the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) investigated the allegation(s) of [insert the type of discrimination] discrimination made in the complaint of [insert name of complainant] filed on [insert date]. Our investigation has resulted in the following findings:
1. [Insert name of contractor] is a nonexempt government contractor subject to the requirements of [insert one or more as appropriate: Executive Order 11246, as amended; Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended (Section 503); Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended (VEVRAA); Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended (Title VII); Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended (ADA)].
2. [Insert name of complainant] is [insert description of the relevant protected basis, e.g., applicant, employee, African-American, protected veteran, individual with a disability, lesbian, transgender, etc.] within the meaning of [insert one or more as appropriate: Executive Order 11246, Section 503, VEVRAA, Title VII, the ADA] and the regulations at 41 CFR Part [insert one or more, as appropriate: 60-1 to 60-50, 60-300 and 60-741].
3. The complainant alleges the contractor violated its obligations under the nondiscrimination and affirmative action provisions of its federal contracts by [insert description of the actions the complaint describes that are attributed to the employer, e.g., terminating, not promoting, not hiring, retaliation, disclosing pay, etc.].
4. The contractor’s position is that the complainant was [insert the action taken against the complainant, e.g., terminated, not hired, etc.] because [insert a description of the contractor’s position].
5. Our investigation indicates [insert all specifics details relevant to the complainant’s status and the contractor’s actions].
6. The action(s) described in Paragraph 5 violated the contractor’s obligations under the regulations as follows:
[insert a list of the sections violated and describe violation].
Under the regulations implementing [insert as appropriate: Executive Order 11246 at 41 CFR 60-1.24(c)(2) and Title VII at 29 CFR 1601.24, Section 503 at 41 CFR 60-741.62 and ADA at 29 CFR 1601.24, VEVRAA at 41 CFR 60-300.62], the U.S. Department of Labor’s OFCCP invites [insert name of contractor] to resolve this matter through conciliation by informal means. A compliance officer from this office will be in contact with [insert name of contractor] by [insert date] to begin the conciliation process.
On behalf of the United States Department of Labor,
cc: [insert name of the complainant’s representative]
[insert name of the contractor’s representative]