(Executive Order 11246, Section 503, or VEVRAA Complaint (Not Dual Filed - no Notice of Right-to-Sue))
Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested
[City, State, Zip Code]
[City, State, Zip Code]
On (insert date), the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) investigated the allegations of (insert type of discrimination) made in the complaint of (insert name of the complainant) filed on (insert date). The investigation resulted in the following findings:
1. (Insert name of contractor) is a nonexempt government contractor subject to the requirements of (insert one or more as appropriate: Executive Order 11246, as amended; Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended (Section 503); the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended (VEVRAA)).
2. (Insert name of complainant) is (insert description of the relevant protected basis, e.g., applicant, employee, African-American, protected veteran, individual with a disability, lesbian, transgender, etc.) within the meaning of (insert appropriate legal authority: Executive Order 11246, Section 503, VEVRAA) and the regulations at (insert as appropriate: 41 CFR parts 60-1 to 60-50, 41 CFR part 60-300, 41 CFR part 60-741).
3. The complainant alleges the contractor violated its obligations under the nondiscrimination and/or affirmative action provisions of its federal contracts by (insert description of employment action taken by contract: terminating, not promoting, not hiring, retaliation, disclosing pay, etc.).
4. The contractor’s position is that the complainant was (insert description of employment action: terminated, not hired, not promoted, not retaliated against, etc.) because (insert description of the contractor’s reasons or position).
5. Our investigation indicates that the contractor (insert description of findings/evidence related to contractor’s employment actions).
OFCCP’s investigation found insufficient evidence that the contractor violated its obligations under the nondiscrimination and affirmative action provisions of (insert one or more as appropriate: Executive Order 11246, Section 503, VEVRAA). This determination concludes the processing of this complaint by OFCCP.
On behalf of the United States Department of Labor.
cc: (insert name of complainant’s attorney)
(insert name of the contractor’s attorney)