Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
OFFICE OF FEDERAL CONTRACT COMPLIANCE PROGRAMS
[City, State, Zip Code]
[City, State, Zip Code]
On [insert date], the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) conducted an investigation of the allegation(s) of [insert basis of complaint] discrimination made in the complaint of [insert name of complainant], filed on [insert date] following procedures for complaints of employment discrimination filed against employers holding government contracts or subcontracts. Here are the results of our investigation:
1. [Insert name of contractor] is a nonexempt government contractor subject to the requirements of [insert one or more as appropriate: Executive Order 11246, as amended, and an employer of 15 or more persons subject to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended (VEVRAA); Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended (Section 503) and an employer of 15 or more persons subject to Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended (ADA)].
2. [Insert name of complainant] is [insert description of the relevant protected basis, e.g., applicant, employee, African-American, individual with a disability, lesbian, transgender, etc.] covered or protected by [insert one or more as appropriate: Executive Order 11246 and Title VII; Section 503 and the ADA].
3. The complainant alleges the contractor violated its obligations under the nondiscrimination and/or affirmative action provisions of its federal contracts and under the nondiscrimination provisions of [insert as appropriate: Title VII or the ADA] by [insert a description of the adverse personnel action or practice of the employer: terminating, not promoting, paying less, retaliation, etc.].
4. The contractor’s position is that the complainant was [insert description of the adverse personnel action or practice of the employer: terminated, not hired, etc.] because [insert a description of the contractor’s position or defense].
5. Our investigation indicates that the contractor [insert a description of what the contractor did or did not do].
OFCCP’s investigation found insufficient evidence that the contractor violated its obligations under the nondiscrimination and affirmative action provisions of [insert one or more as appropriate: Executive Order 11246 or Section 503] or under the nondiscrimination provisions of the [insert one or more as appropriate: Title VII or the ADA]. This determination concludes the processing of this complaint by OFCCP.
On behalf of the United States Department of Labor,
Enclosures: Information Related to Filing Suit under Title VII and the ADA
Notice of Right to Sue
cc: [insert name of complainant’s attorney]
[insert name of contractor’s attorney]
[insert name of the EEOC field office contact]