Find Your Consulate

agricultural workers

File a complaint with the Wage and Hour Division

The Wage and Hour Division is committed to ensuring that workers are paid properly, and that worker housing, transportation, nursing mother, and anti-retaliation protections are not violated. If you have a question or believe your employer has failed to comply with federal labor laws, you can call the WHD at 1-866-487-9243 or visit You will be directed to the nearest WHD office for assistance. There are WHD offices throughout the country with trained, bilingual professionals to help you. All complaints are confidential.

File a charge of discrimination with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

If you believe that you have been discriminated against at work because of your race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information, you can file a Charge of Discrimination.

File a complaint with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration

  • If you believe working conditions are unsafe or unhealthful, you may file a confidential complaint with OSHA and ask for an inspection.
  • If possible, tell your employer about your concerns. You (or your representative) have the right to file a confidential safety and health complaint and request an OSHA inspection of your workplace if you believe there is a serious hazard or if you think your employer is not following OSHA standards. The complaint should be filed as soon as possible after noticing the hazard. A signed complaint is more likely to result in an onsite inspection. Learn more about how to file a complaint with OSHA.
  • Suppose there is a risk of death or serious physical harm and there is not sufficient time for OSHA to inspect where possible, and a worker has notified the employer of the condition; they may have a legal right to refuse to work in a situation that exposes them to hazards. If you have questions about what to do, contact your local OSHA office. OSHA will keep your information confidential.