The Wage and Hour Division enforces federal labor laws pertaining to work hours, such as:
- Federal minimum wage
- Overtime pay
- Child labor requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
The Wage and Hour Division also enforces labor requirements of the following:
- Davis-Bacon and Related Acts,
- McNamara O'Hara Service Contract Act (SCA),
- Contract Work Hours and Safety Standards Act, and
- Copeland Anti-Kickback Act.
Discussion of these acts appears in the Government Contracts subtopic under the Wages topic. The Wage and Hour Division has a variety of compliance materials available for both employees and employers on the subject of work hours.