On May 22, 2019, the U.S. Department of Labor's spring 2019 regulatory agenda was published on www.reginfo.gov. The regulatory agenda is a listing of all the regulations the Department expects to have under active consideration for promulgation, proposal, or review during the coming 6- to 12-month period.
Regulations Currently Open for Comment
The following regulations are currently open for comment at Regulations.gov:
- MSHA's RFI Respirable Silica (Quartz) – The Request for Information was published on August 29, 2019, and the comment period ends on October 28, 2019.
- OSHA's Occupational Exposure to Beryllium and Beryllium Compounds in Construction and Shipyard Sectors – The Notice of Proposed Rulemaking was published on October 8, 2019, and the comment period ends on November 7, 2019.
- WHD's Tip Regulations under the Fair Labor Standards Act – The Notice of Proposed Rulemaking was published on October 8, 2019, and the comment period ends on December 9, 2019.
- MSHA's RFI on Exposure of Underground Miners to Diesel Exhaust – The Request for Information to reopen the rulemaking record for public comments was extended on March 25, 2019. The public comment period extension ends on September 25, 2020.
- MSHA's Retrospective Study of Respirable Coal Mine Dust Rule – The Request for Information was published on July 9, 2019, and the comment period ends July 9, 2022.