Attention all DOL grant applicants and grant recipients!
DOL is transitioning from eGrants to a new grants management system: GrantSolutions
- Did your organization apply for a DOL award? and/or,
- Does your organization have a DOL grant award?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, the following information is for you!
Attention all Department of Labor (DOL) grant applicants and grant recipients: beginning June 2022, DOL will begin a phased transition from eGrants to the GrantSolutions platform for processing grant applications, and issuing and managing grant awards, amendments (award modifications), and award closeouts.
What is GrantSolutions?
GrantSolutions is a shared service provider that supports DOL and many other federal agencies throughout the grants lifecycle. GrantSolutions is a single system where grant applicants, grant recipients, and federal staff can perform and monitor the status of their respective grants management activities.
GrantSolutions will replace DOL's current grants management system, eGrants. However, GrantSolutions WILL NOT replace Grants.gov. Rather, just like eGrants, GrantSolutions will connect to Grants.gov to retrieve applications.
DOL grant applicants and grant recipients will begin managing their DOL applications and awards in GrantSolutions when their awarding DOL agency deploys GrantSolutions' Grants Management Services:
- Veterans' Employment and Training Service (VETS) and Chief Evaluation Office (CEO) transitioned June 2022.
- Employment and Training Administration (ETA), Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP), and Women's Bureau (WB) transitioned in February 2023.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Bureau of International Labor Affairs (ILAB), Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) will transition in June 2023.
Please note: dates may change. If you are a DOL grant applicant or grant recipient, you will receive the necessary communications with your confirmed deployment date, instructions, and training options prior to the corresponding deployment.
What will change and what will remain with GrantSolutions?
- If you currently submit your DOL applications via Grants.gov, you will continue submitting your applications via Grants.gov
- You will still be required to register in SAM.gov before applying for a grant
- Payment disbursement processes are not associated with GrantSolutions and will remain business as usual in the Payment Management System (PMS).
- eGrants is being replaced by GrantSolutions
- Applications for directed announcements (Sole Source and JVSG) will be submitted in GrantSolutions
- Federal Financial Reports (FFRs) will be submitted through PMS, outside of GrantSolutions.
DOL grant applicants and grants recipients will have the opportunity to perform the following actions in GrantSolutions:
- Submit Sole Source and JVSG applications – although most applications will be submitted via Grants.gov, Sole Source applications and applications for the JVSG program will be submitted in GrantSolutions
- Submit amendment request (award modification) and required documentation
- View awards and award history
- Communicate with DOL grant and program office staff (view and add correspondence grant notes).
Applicant and Recipient System Access
- DOL grant applicants and grant recipients who are already GrantSolutions users (i.e., organizations that have applied to or have been awarded by other Federal Agencies that use GrantSolutions) will automatically be able to access their DOL awards in GrantSolutions according to the Transition Timing (find above). Users will receive instructions on training opportunities in advance of their awarding agency's deployment date.
- DOL grant applicants and grant recipients who are new to GrantSolutions will have their GrantSolutions accounts created and will receive instructions on system training and access in advance of their awarding agency's deployment date (refer to Transition Timing above).
General GrantSolutions instructional quick sheets and videos for applicants and recipients of all participating Federal Agencies:
- Login, Navigation, and Recipient System Roles
- Apply for a directed announcement (submit Sole Source or JVSG documentation)
- Award and post-award actions - quick sheets on how to add Grant Notes, submit an amendment (award modification), see your award information and history.
Please note that GrantSolutions is a shared service provider for different Federal Agencies, therefore some of the GrantSolutions materials you will find in the above links might not apply to your DOL GrantSolutions processes (e.g., award acceptance and FFR submission do not occur in GrantSolutions for DOL).
PMS Quick Reference Materials
- PMS Grant Recipient User Access Instructions
- Standard SF425 information
- Custom 9130 form information
- PMS full site
Note: Additional reference materials are available by user role once logged in to the system.
View the DOL recipient training materials by agency:
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
- Employment and Training Administration (ETA)
- Bureau of International Labor Affairs (ILAB)
- Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA)
- Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Veterans' Employment and Training Service (VETS)
- Women's Bureau (WB)
More information and GrantSolutions system support
For further questions and more information on GrantSolutions transition or business processes please reach out to your DOL agency point of contact.
Once you have started using GrantSolutions, should you find any technical difficulties please contact GrantSolutions Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone number 1.866.577.0771. Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET (closed on Federal holidays).