Please note: As of January 20, 2021, information in some news releases may be out of date or not reflect current policies.
US Labor Department's Wage and Hour Division to offer free compliance seminar in Nashville, Tennessee on August 13
Date and Time: Thursday, Aug. 13, 2015 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. CDT
Nashville Tennessee Main Library Conference Center Room #1 615 Church Street Nashville, Tennessee 37219 (The closest parking is in the parking garage adjacent to library)
About the Training: The U.S. Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Division will offer a comprehensive compliance seminar for employers, community rehabilitation programs, and other stakeholders on rules governing the payment of workers with disabilities under section 14(c) of the Fair Labor Standards Act. There is no fee to attend this conference; however, space is limited. Registration can be completed online at http://1.usa.gov/1RqsGMp and an email will be sent to confirm registration. Members of the public with questions about the training should call Katie Turner-Pouchie at 770-940-1872.
Background:Training will cover topics including:
- The certification process, performing prevailing wage surveys, and conducting time studies
- The Department of Labor's section 14(c) on-line calculators, which can be used in determining the commensurate wage rates for employees will also be demonstrated
- Common compliance problems for section 14(c) certificate holders, such as calculating commensurate wages and accurately tracking hours worked, and how to avoid them
- Compliance requirements under Executive Order 13658, which establishes a minimum wage for certain federal contractors
- Section 458 of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act that will directly impact an employer's ability to pay workers a subminimum wage.
For more information on Section 14(c) of the FLSA and other federal wage laws administered by the Wage and Hour Division, call the department's toll-free helpline at 866-4US-WAGE (487-9243) or visit the agency's website http://dol.gov/whd.