Bureau of Labor Statistics offers regional updates on labor market, economic disparities, regional growth at online Data Users Conference
EVENT: Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Mid-Atlantic Region Data Users Conference, in partnership with the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
WHO: Bureau of Labor Statistics
Commissioner William Beach
Regional Commissioner Alexandra Hall Bovee
Assistant Commissioner Patrick Carey
Assistant Commissioner Marika Litras
Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
President and CEO Patrick T. Harker
Senior Economic Analyst Paul Flora
Regional Economic Analyst Darcelle Bowrin-Toussaint
WHAT: Leaders from the BLS and the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia will review publicly available labor market data and provide insight on how the data is used to analyze the U.S. economy and understand changes in the current labor market. Discussions will include:
- How the BLS works to analyze the U.S. economy.
- Current highlights and trends in employment, unemployment, hours of work, earnings, and other demographic labor force data.
- Labor market disparities in the Philadelphia Region.
- Smart growth for regions of all sizes.
- Highlights and trends with occupational safety and health data.
A question-and-answer session will take place at the end of each presentation.
The conference is open to the general public and media.
WHEN: Wednesday, Aug. 17, 2022
9 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. EDT
WHERE: Online conference
After registration, an invitation to attend will be sent.