US Labor Department to host free seminar to help New Orleans’ employers, others understand federal prevailing wages, benefits requirements
Who: U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division
U.S. Department of Labor’s Employee Benefits Security Administration
National Labor Relations Board
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration
U.S. Department of Labor’s Veterans’ Employment and Training Service
U.S. Small Business Administration
Louisiana Workforce Commission’s Office of Unemployment Insurance Administration
What: Prevailing wage seminar in New Orleans
When: April 11-13, 2017
Where: Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
500 Canal St.
New Orleans, LA 70130
Background: The Wage and Hour Division’s Prevailing Wage Seminar is a free, three-day compliance training event designed for regional stakeholders (private contractors, state agencies, unions, federal agencies and workers). At these seminars, conference participants will learn about:
- Davis-Bacon and Related Acts.
- McNamara O’Hara Service Contract Act.
- Executive Order 13495 “Nondisplacement of Qualified Workers.”
- Executive Order 13658 “Establishing a Minimum Wage for Contractors.”
- The process of obtaining wage determinations and adding classifications.
- Compliance assistance and enforcement processes.
- The process for appealing wage rates, coverage, and compliance determinations.
Stakeholders and employers who wish to attend this event need to register here.
For any questions please send email to: WHD-PWS@dol.gov.