Chief Evaluation Office
Reentry Employment Opportunities Evaluation
- The goal of the Reentry Employment Opportunities grant program (REO) evaluation is to identify and evaluate promising practices used in reentry employment programs which are comprehensive strategies to address the range of challenges formerly incarcerated adults and young adults who have been involved in the juvenile or adult justice system face in making a successful transitions back to the community. This evaluation will include an implementation and an impact study among select REO grantees to understand their effectiveness in achieving the goals of improving participant outcomes such as employment, earning, and recidivism.
- How were programs implemented? What are the types and combinations of services and approaches provided? What employment focused services were offered?
- What impact does the REO program, or strategies implemented under this program, have on the outcomes of participants?
- To what extent do outcomes and impacts vary across selected subpopulations, including type of offense (felony, misdemeanor, violent, etc.), age, and veteran status?
- Are there key program elements that are common to successful models of comprehensive reentry programs (e.g., structure, organization, service delivery, partnerships, etc.)?
Project Duration: 60 Months
Contract End Date: September 2022
Contractor: Mathematica Policy Research, with Social Policy Research Associates
For More Information: CHIEFEVALUATIONOFFICE@DOL.GOV