$602K for 127 Workers
$1.4 Million for 218 Workers
$2.4 Million for 345 Workers
A mother and daughter will pay more than $2.4 million in back wages and damages, after they used illegal pay practices to avoid paying full wages to 345 workers who provided living assistance and home healthcare.
Meet Ariel Rivera Maldonado
Since joining our agency in 2016, Ariel has worked hard to build coalitions with stakeholders to advance equity and reach underserved communities. As a Puerto Rican native and fluent Spanish speaker, Ariel often provides bilingual outreach to workers and employers in his South Florida community.
- Supporting Women in the Workplace: 8/31 at 11:30 a.m. ET
- Natural Disaster Panel Conversation: 9/8 from 1-2:30 p.m. ET
- Prevailing Wage Seminars: 9/13 & 9/14 at 1:30 p.m. ET
- Youth Employment Compliance in the Food Service Industry: 9/14 10-11:00 a.m. CT
- Latino Health Summit - Road to Resiliency: 9/15 & 9/16 from 1-5 p.m. ET
- Youth Employment Compliance in the Food Service Industry: 9/20 2-3:00 p.m. CT
- Child Labor Requirements - A Guide for Educators: 9/21 3-4:00 p.m. CT
Our updated app helps track regular work hours, break time, and overtime hours. The new version of the app also enhances the comments capability, offers multiple pay frequency options, and additional pay calculations.