Please note that the System for Award Management (SAM), formerly Central Contractor Registration (CCR) registration is now required for all vendors doing business with the federal government with the following exceptions:
- Purchase orders and contracts awarded by September 30, 2003 (However, any such purchase order or contract with a period of performance that extends beyond December 31, 2003 will have contract language modified into it that will require the contractor to be registered in the SAM database by December 31, 2003);
- Purchases at or under $2,500.00 that either:
- Are made using a government-wide commercial purchase card; or
- Are not paid using Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) (for example, a purchase at or under $2,500.00 that is paid with a convenience check);
- Awards made to foreign vendors for work outside the United States, if it is impracticable to obtain SAM registration;
- Other exceptions listed in FAR 4.1102(a).
Whenever reference is made to CCR registration, SAM will now serve as CCR replacement.
Please note that assignees of claims must be separately registered in the SAM database (per FAR 4.1102(c)(3)), in addition to vendors described above. For more details on the SAM registration requirement, see the Final Rule on CCR registration published in the Federal Register on October 1, 2003.
SAM registrations are performed online. Should you need help completing your registration, please contact the Federal Service Desk (FSD) toll free at (866) 606-8220 or go to www.fsd.gov to find answers about SAM registration in FSD's Answer Center.