I. Davis-Bacon Wage Determinations
- What is a wage determination?
- What is a General Wage Determination?
- What is a project wage determination?
- What are supersedeas wage determinations?
- What is a modification to a wage determination?
II. Obtaining Davis-Bacon Wage Determinations
- How do I subscribe to General Wage Determinations Issued Under The Davis-Bacon and Related Acts?
- Are the General Wage Determinations available electronically?
- How do I obtain a wage determination for a construction project to be performed at a location not covered by a published wage determination?
- Where can I obtain a copy of the General Wage Determination needed for a covered federal project?
III. Prevailing Wage Rates
- Is the rate on the wage determination the minimum hourly wage rate?
- Once construction has begun, are the workers- wage rates affected when the wage determination for the area in which the project is located is changed?
- Is it possible for more than one wage schedule to apply to specifications for a particular contract?
- Can apprentices, trainees, and/or helpers work on a project covered by the Davis-Bacon or related Acts (DBRA), and what wage rates must they be paid?
- What wage rates must be paid to supervisory employees (foremen, superintendents, etc.) employed on a covered project?
IV. Davis-Bacon Wage Surveys
- What are Davis-Bacon Wage Surveys?
- Who does the Department of Labor contact during the survey?
- Why should I participate?
- Do I have to receive a letter to participate in the survey?
- Does Wage and Hour use data collected during the survey process to target enforcement activity?
- If I do not work on federally funded construction projects, should I participate in the survey process?
- Is my response limited to the projects identified on the forms I received with my notification letter?
- Is WHD only collecting data on federally funded construction projects?
- How are prevailing wage rates calculated?
- I am the owner of the construction project. How can I participate in the Davis-Bacon wage survey?
- I am a prime/general contractor and I subcontract for all of the project work. How can I participate in the Davis-Bacon wage survey?
- In order to submit wage data for a survey, must the underlying work have been performed within the survey time frame?
- What is a peak week?
- I have a large number of workers, can I average my wage rates?
- Do I report forepersons and/or apprentices?
- In responding to a Davis-Bacon wage survey, what should I consider as fringe benefits?
- How should wage data be reported for operating engineers on the WD-10 Form?
- How should wage data be reported for ironworkers on the WD-10 Form?
- How should wage data be reported for laborers on the WD-10 Form?
- What types of clarification and analysis are done on the data submitted?
- Does WHD verify the data submitted?
V. Appeal Process
- If it is believed that the rates on a wage determination are not accurate can the wage determination be appealed?
VI. Contracting Agency Responsibilities
- How do workers on a construction site know that a project is covered by the Davis-Bacon Act?- How do they know the prevailing wage to which they are entitled?
- As the contracting officer/Federal agency representative, what is my obligation when the wage determination(s) applicable to a construction project contains multiple wage schedules (for different counties and/or types of construction)?
- The wage determination applicable to my project does not contain a class of workers which is needed to complete construction.- Can other worker classification(s) and wage rate(s) be approved for use on the project?