4B02 Search for Published Reports
COs should learn as much about the contractor and its industry as possible. There are several resources available but only a few are listed below.
- Industry resources such as Hoover’s, Standard and Poor’s, and Moody’s provide comprehensive industry information, company profiles, key contact data, financial research and analysis, and news.
- Publications such as the “International Directory of Company Histories” and the “Reference Book of Corporate Managements” are sources of information on corporate histories and the backgrounds, executive leadership, labor and management actions, NAICS codes, key dates, ticker symbol, principal subsidiaries, principal divisions, principal operating units, principle competitors and other significant milestones.
- Articles on the corporation within the past two years in business oriented newspapers and periodicals such as The Wall Street Journal, and Forbes and Fortune magazines.
- Corporate websites may contain the most current information regarding the changes in corporate management or other pertinent information.
- Public records, including court documents on discrimination lawsuits, settlements and findings.
FCCM 4B11, Evaluation and Analysis of Corporate Information, provides details on how to use this and other research information. If a CO does not have ready access to this or other research materials, he or she may email a Request for Literature Search to the DOL Library at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the library for assistance at (202) 693-6600.