Downloading Forms Notification
In order to access a form you MUST select the form name and then select the Save link as... to save it to your documents folder. Then edit from there.
The FMLA entitles eligible employees of covered employers to take unpaid, job-protected leave for specified family and medical reasons with continuation of group health insurance coverage under the same terms and conditions as if the employee had not taken leave. Eligible employees are entitled to:
- Twelve workweeks of leave in a 12-month period for:
- the birth of a child and to care for the newborn child within one year of birth;
- the placement with the employee of a child for adoption or foster care and to care for the newly placed child within one year of placement;
- to care for the employee’s spouse, child, or parent who has a serious health condition;
- a serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform the essential functions of his or her job;
- any qualifying exigency arising out of the fact that the employee’s spouse, son, daughter, or parent is a covered military member on “covered active duty;” or
- Twenty-six work weeks of leave during a single 12-month period to care for a covered servicemember with a serious injury or illness if the eligible employee is the servicemember’s spouse, son, daughter, parent, or next of kin (military caregiver leave).
Guidance materials about the FMLA, including guides for both employers and employees, an employee guide to military leave, Qs & As, mini cards, and more.
Learn more by reading fact sheets that cover a variety of FMLA topics.
Access FMLA Forms.
Access interactive online tools, posters, and presentations about the FMLA.
Review Administrator Interpretations, Opinion and Ruling Letters as well as chapters of the WHD Field Operations Handbook.
Review the FMLA laws and regulations.