Transition Employment Assistance for Military Spouses and Caregivers (TEAMS) is a series of Department of Labor (DOL) employment workshops that extend the Department’s Transition Assistance Program to assist military spouses and caregivers as they plan and prepare for their job search in pursuit of their employment goals. All TEAMS workshops are instructor-led training, provided at a variety of times, to meet the needs of individuals stationed throughout the world.
TEAMS workshops are stand-alone training modules. You can take all of the workshops or just a few and they can be taken in any order that fits your availability and schedule.
- All workshops are conducted virtually. Please reach out to your local installation regarding in-person workshops.
- Schedules and registration links are posted by workshop title in the boxes below.
- All registration links display the date and time scheduled in the Eastern Time Zone (ET). You can use this link for Time Conversion Assistance to determine the effective time of the workshop at your location.
- Once you register for the workshop, you can expect to receive automated email notifications regarding that workshop. All notifications will display the Eastern Time Zone (ET) for your use in converting to the time in your location.
- For local military installation representatives and transition managers interested in hosting live in-person TEAMS workshops, contact your TAP site lead contractor for assistance. If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We recommend beginning the process of scheduling in-person TEAMS workshops a quarter in advance. We look forward to bringing our successful TEAMS workshops to military spouses and caregivers at your installation.
In collaboration with the U.S. Small Business Administration, we’ve added Entrepreneurship to the TEAMS workshop options. Register for this workshop below!
Workshop Times are in EASTERN TIME ZONE (ET)
Note: When registering, all notifications will display the Eastern Time Zone (ET)
Please email us with any questions: email@example.com
VETS Resource Guide
The VETS Resource Guide (PDF) is a helpful resource supporting all TEAMS workshops.
It will help you find and access the many online resources discussed in our workshops as well as other important resources.
Time Conversion Assistance
Workshop Descriptions, Schedule and Registration
JST time zone classes are most convenient for OCONUS Asia and CET time zone classes are most convenient for OCONUS Europe.
This two-hour workshop provides participants the opportunity to use DOL online resources to define and explore career opportunities. Labor market information research will be used to select a career path or develop a job search plan.
This two-hour workshop defines professional credentials and their importance, illustrates pathways for credentialing, and identifies license and credential portability resources.
A four-and-a-half-hour workshop designed to create your most effective resume for the career you want. Trained facilitators will provide guidance and teach you to evaluate your resume and understand job application techniques.
This two-hour workshop is focused on using marketing techniques for your job search. We’ll explore networking opportunities and use multiple resources to develop an action plan for your job hunt.
This two-hour workshop provides an introduction to the federal hiring process. Participants review federal employment, special hiring authorities for military spouses and differences between federal and private sector resumes. Participants will set up accounts on USAJOBS and review features to assist in their job search.
This two-hour workshop walks participants through building their LinkedIn profiles. Participants learn how to create a profile that markets their professional brand, uses keywords to attract recruiters, and utilizes LinkedIn for skill endorsements and recommendations from their networks. This workshop is a prerequisite for the LinkedIn Job Search workshop.
Preparation is key for a great job interview. This two-hour workshop provides tips and coaching for job interviews and handling those hard-to-answer questions.
This two-hour workshop explains basic knowledge for salary, compensation, job offers and negotiation skills. Included exercises and resources will help you understand your worth to your next employer.
This two-hour workshop offers insider knowledge to utilize LinkedIn’s job search features. Participants learn how to set job alerts, connect with new people, join groups, and follow organizations to grow their networks. This workshop also shares a rare sneak peek into the recruiter’s view on LinkedIn providing invaluable insight into LinkedIn job searches.
This two-hour workshop shows participants how to explore, research, and secure legitimate, career-building flexible job options. It also breakdowns hot topics such as gig economy jobs, temp and contract work, home-based businesses, and how to shift from an office to remote work location.
This two-hour workshop, focused on military spouse entrepreneurship, provides an overview of the programs and resources available through the U.S. Small Business Administration to start, grow, expand, and recover a small business. Participants will learn about the resources available to help with getting started or continuing the path of entrepreneurship.