Veterans.gov is designed to be the virtual "first stop" in the employment search process for veterans, transitioning service members, and their spouses — and for employers in the hiring process.
The site brings together job banks, state employment offices, American Job Centers, opportunities in top trending industry sectors, and employer assistance all in one online spot.
If you're a veteran or service member looking for your first civilian job after the military, wanting a career change, or hoping to start your own business, Veterans.gov is your go-to site for resources that will help you chart a new path.
For Job Seekers
- Connect with one-on-one assistance in the nearly 2,400 American Job Centers located conveniently in communities around the country;
- Explore Veterans' Job Bank/National Labor Exchange online job listings;
- Search career paths by industry, by similarity to military careers, or by keyword;
- Locate approved local training programs, colleges and universities;
- Access resources from federal partners to connect with industry career programs in sectors including agriculture, transportation, energy/utilities, homeland security, and employment in the federal government;
- Learn how to start a business.
- Connect with regional employer outreach specialists in VETS to access local resources for meeting your unique hiring needs;
- Post position descriptions and openings in the Veterans' Job Bank/National Labor Exchange database;
- Access the free veteran hiring toolkit, "Employer Guide to Hiring Veterans," and other resources for employers.
As we continue to grow Veterans.gov and its content, VETS invites other federal and state partners to list their training and employment resources on Veterans.gov. If you are interested in partnering with Veterans.gov, please contact the Outreach Team at VETS-OUTREACH@dol.gov.
My Next Move for Veterans
My Next Move for Veterans is an online interactive tool where veterans can learn more about civilian career options. Users can:
- Explore over 900 different careers and see important information including skills, tasks, salaries, and employment outlook on easy-to-read career reports.
- Look at related apprenticeships and training, and search actual job openings.
- Find careers through a keyword search; by browsing industries; or through a military transition search that recommends civilian careers relevant to their military experience.
The National Resource Directory
The National Resource Directory (NRD) is a resource website that connects wounded warriors, Service Members, Veterans, their families, and caregivers to programs and services that support them.
It provides access to services and resources at the national, state and local levels to support recovery, rehabilitation and community reintegration. Visitors can find information on a variety of topics that supply an abundance of vetted resources. For help finding resources on the site, visit the How to Use this Site section of the NRD.