Commit to hiring qualified veterans. It's the smart choice.
A quick internet search shows articles from many recognized business leaders who endorse hiring veterans as a good business practice. Why? Veterans bring the following attributes and characteristics to the workplace:
- Proven leadership and leadership readiness
- Mission-focused approach to work
- Experience working in diverse teams and organizations
- Adaptable and immediate contributors
- Strong work ethics
- Strong performance under pressure
- Creative problem-solving
Facilitate Employing a Veteran with a RVECRegional Veterans' Employment Coordinators (RVECs)
- engage with local, regional, and national employers
- connect them with Federal, state, and local resources to facilitate veterans’ employment
DOL Employer Guide to Hiring Veterans (PDF)The guide intends to:
- provide accurate information about service member and veteran demographics
- share federal, state and other resources for employers to facilitate veteran employment
- make recommendations on how to attract, train, and retain veterans
National Labor Exchange: Post a Job
Veterans who find your job openings on the search results page will be taken directly to the job opening on your corporate website.
Customized solutions to your recruiting, hiring, and training needs.
Your source for help hiring, training and retaining a strong workforce.
Recruit and Hire
Find tools and best practices for the critical steps in your hiring process and including diversity in your workforce.
DOL ETA: Building Registered Apprenticeship Programs (PDF)
This toolkit provides helpful steps and resources to start and register an apprenticeship program, from exploring
the apprenticeship model as a workforce strategy to launching a new program.
VA.gov Vocational Rehab & Employment Programs
Explore what VA offers to make hiring or rehiring a Veteran with a service-connected disability that much easier.
HIRE Vets Medallion Program
The HIRE Vets Medallion Award is the only federal-level veterans’ employment award that recognizes a company or organization’s commitment to veteran hiring, retention, and professional development.
Video: DOL and CareerOneStop
Find out how the Department of Labor and CareerOneStop can help veterans.