Equally Valued. Equally Qualified. Equally Served.
The mission of the DOL VETS Women Veteran Program is to make statistical analyses and other research easily accessible in order to inform policy decisions and the national narrative on women veterans. This webpage serves as a repository of both statistical analysis conducted by the Women Veteran Program and links to applicable external research.
Search findings by category.
Women represent the fastest-growing population in both military service and the veteran community. In greater numbers than ever, women are stepping up to serve in new, critical, and formidable roles contributing to our nation’s national security… The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) developed the Women Warriors Initiative to better understand, empower, and advocate for women warriors who have served our nation.
• There are nearly 2 million women veterans
• Veterans are 7.5% of the overall population
• Women veterans make up 10% of veterans but only 1.5% of women
• Women veterans are more likely than male veterans to be in the labor force
Women Veteran Resources
- Womens Bureau
- VA Center For Women Veterans
- National Association of State Women Veteran Coordinators
- Defense Advisory Committee on Women in the Services