- Womens Bureau
- VA Center For Women Veterans
- National Association of State Women Veteran Coordinators
- Veterans Crisis Line – 1-800-273-8255
- Find an American Job Center
- Benefits.gov – Your Path to Government Benefits
- Government Information and Resources
- Defense Advisory Committee on Women in the Services
Equally Valued. Equally Qualified. Equally Served.
Did you know that women veterans make up 10% of the overall veteran population and less than 2% of women? For more statistical information about women veterans, view the Gender and Veteran Demographics and Employment, Unemployment, and Education webinars.
At DOL VETS, women veterans are served equitably to male veterans in everything that we do. In fact, in 2019 15% of the veterans served through the Jobs for Veterans State Grants (JVSG) program were women, and 16% of the veterans who retained employment six months after JVSG services were women! (In 2019, only 12% of veterans in the workforce were women). One study even showed that women veterans using these services experienced less of a gender wage gap than women nonveterans using comparable services. Veterans receive priority of service for all DOL funded employment programs, and veterans with significant barriers to employment may receive more intensive case management, so if you are a woman veteran in need of employment assistance, contact the American Job Center near you and tell them you are a veteran!
Women in Service: A Conversation with Four Military Leaders on Blazing Trails in the Armed Forces
On February 20, 2020, the U.S. Department of Labor’s Women’s Bureau and Veterans’ Employment and Training Service hosted a special event to celebrate African American History Month and the Women’s Bureau Centennial: “Women in Service: A Conversation with Four Military Leaders on Blazing Trails in the Armed Forces.” Four African American women veterans discussed their experiences leading in the military, as well as ways we can help increase opportunities for women in all industries and occupations. Learn more about the Women's Bureau Centennial at dol.gov/WB100.
- Child Care.gov Connects COVID-19 Essential Workers and Other Parents to Open Child Care
- NeedAJobNow – Job Site Dedicated to U.S. Corporations with Immediate Hiring Needs Due to COVID-19
- Know Your USERRA Rights and Obligations During COVID-19 Crisis (pdf)
- Guidance for Preparing Workplaces for Coronavirus
- Guidance, Resources, and News on Coronavirus
- DOL VETS Seeks Nominations for Advisory Committee NLT June 30, 2020 (pdf)
- Unemployment rate rises to record high 14.7 percent in April 2020 Read More
- Women had median weekly earnings of $857, or 80.4 percent of men's earnings, first quarter 2020 Read More
- How many workers are employed in sectors directly affected by COVID-19 shutdowns, where do they work, and how much do they earn? Read More
- Employment Situation Of Veterans — 2019 (pdf)
Unemployment Rates of Women Veterans Enrolled in School (PDF Factsheet)
Women as Share of State Veteran Population (PDF Factsheet)
Women Veterans (PDF Factsheet)