An acceptable AAP contains a narrative description of the contractor’s internal audit and reporting system. The system must be designed to perform and document the following actions:
- Measure the overall effectiveness of the AAP;
- Indicate any need for remedial action;
- Determine the degree to which the contractor’s objectives have been attained;
- Determine whether known individuals with disabilities have had the opportunity to participate in all company-sponsored educational, training, recreational, and social activities; and
- Measure the contractor’s compliance with the AAP’s specific obligations.
Documentation of these actions must be retained as employment records and submitted in response to the Scheduling Letter. An acceptable AAP will also specify the frequency of reports and audits, and describe the actions taken to address deficiencies identified by the audit and reporting system.