Information You Need to File a Complaint
The information below is useful to file a complaint with WHD:
- Your name
- Your address and phone number (how you can be contacted)
- The name of the company where you work(ed)
- Location of the company (this may be different from where you worked)
- Phone number of the company
- Manager or owners name (who should we ask to speak to?)
- Type of work you did
- How and when you were paid (i.e. cash or check, every Friday)
Any additional information that you can provide such as copies of pay stubs, personal records of hours worked, or other information on your employers pay practices are helpful.
All services are free and confidential, whether you are documented or not. Please remember that your employer cannot terminate you or in any other manner discriminate against you for filing a complaint with WHD.