The Wage and Hour Division is committed to protecting and enhancing the welfare of workers during the COVID-19 pandemic. Federal laws, including the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act, provide critical worker protections regarding wages and hours worked and job-protected leave during the pandemic. The resources below offer information on common issues employers and employees face during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Your pay and hours
- COVID-19 and the Fair Labor Standards Act: Questions and Answers
- COVID-19 and Agricultural Workers: Questions and Answers
Taking time off if you or a family member are sick
Break time for nursing mothers
- Executive Order 13706, Establishing Paid Sick Leave for Federal Contractors
- U.S. Department of Labor Coronavirus Resources
- IRS Paid Sick Leave Tax Credit
- HHS’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Report wage, hour and leave concerns at dol.gov/agencies/whd/contact or 1-866-487-9243.