2020 Prevailing Wage Seminars
Due to health and safety concerns during the COVID-19 pandemic, the U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division will not be hosting in-person Prevailing Wage Seminars in 2020.
However, we plan to offer virtual prevailing wage seminars to provide training and outreach on topics such as the Davis-Bacon Act, the Service Contract Act, Executive Orders 13658 and 13706, wage determinations and conformances, and compliance assistance and enforcement processes. For more information and compliance assistance resources on prevailing wages, please visit the Davis-Bacon and Related Acts webpage.
Davis-Bacon Act Virtual Prevailing Wage Seminar -- Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dol-davis-bacon-act-virtual-prevailing-wage-seminar-tickets-110203122506
September 9, 2020, 2:00 – 3:30pm EDT
September 15, 2020, 2:00pm – 3:30pm EDT
Service Contract Act Virtual Prevailing Wage Seminar -- Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dol-service-contract-act-virtual-prevailing-wage-seminar-tickets-111345776214
September 10, 2020, 2:00 – 3:30pm EDT
September 16, 2020, 2:00pm – 3:30pm EDT
If you would like to receive email updates about our seminars, please sign up for our mailing list
The Wage and Hour Division Prevailing Wage Seminars are three-day compliance trainings designed for regional stakeholders (e.g., unions, private contractors, state agencies, federal agencies, workers). In these seminars, conference participants will learn about the following:
- Davis-Bacon Act and McNamara-O'Hara Service Contract Act
- Executive Order 13495, "Nondisplacement of Qualified Workers"
- Executive Order 13658, "Establishing a Minimum Wage for Contractors"
- The process of obtaining wage determinations and adding classifications
- Compliance assistance and enforcement processes
- The process for appealing wage rates, coverage, and compliance determinations
Prevailing Wage Seminars for 2019 were held in the following cities:
- Austin, TX, June 18-20
- Anchorage, AK, June 25-27
- Sacramento, CA, July 23-25
- Washington, DC, August 13-15
- Indianapolis, IN, August 27–29
If you have any questions, please email WHD-PWS@dol.gov.