6C01 Who May File a Complaint

Any individual or group may file a complaint. A third party (e.g., a family member, personal representative, or union representative) may also file a complaint on behalf of an individual or a group. As explained in subsection 6D04, a third party may represent the complainant or complainants during the investigation with proper documentation. When a third party files a complaint, the complaint need not identify by name the person(s) on whose behalf the complaint is filed. However, the third party must then separately provide OFCCP the name, address and telephone number of the person on whose behalf the complaint is filed, in addition to any other information required by OFCCP’s regulations, such as documentation of protected veteran status. OFCCP will make every effort to obtain this information during the complaint perfection time frame.