NOTICE: On December 14, 2023, the Department of Labor (Department) published its final rule to implement Executive Order 14055, “Nondisplacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts.” (see Federal Register :: Nondisplacement of Qualified Workers under Service Contracts)
Executive Order 14055, issued by President Joseph R. Biden, Jr., requires federal contractors and subcontractors on a covered successor contract to offer jobs to qualified employees employed under the predecessor contract. Among many benefits, the Executive Order ensures skilled workers remain in their jobs, preventing disruptions in federal services. This final rule establishes the standards and procedures for implementing and enforcing the nondisplacement protections of Executive Order 14055.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Press Release: US Department of Labor Announces Final Rule to Protect Federal Service Contract Workers from Displacement, Provide Right of First Refusal
- Small Entity Compliance Guide to the Nondisplacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts
- Fact Sheet #67A: Nondisplacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts
- Poster: Service Contract Employees Entitled to Offer of Employment