The following people must sign and date a CA:
- The contractor’s top establishment official, however, if the establishment is a corporate or intermediate headquarters, the contractor’s top official’s designee may sign; and any additional contractor officials that the contractor wishes;
- The union local’s top official and any additional union officials the union wishes, if the union is a party to the CA;
- The CO who conducted or led the compliance evaluation or complaint investigation;
- The Assistant District Director, if applicable;
- The District Director; and
- The Regional Director, unless the authority is otherwise delegated.
a. Delegation of Regional Director’s Authority. Regional Directors have the authority to sign all CAs. However, a Regional Director may delegate signature authority to a District Director or other designee for CAs involving only affirmative action issues, individual discrimination issues, systemic discrimination claims in which the class does not exceed ten people and back pay does not exceed $25,000, or a combination of these issues.
b. Notice of Review Completion. After the required signatures are obtained on the CA, the CO will issue the contractor a “Notice of Review Completion – Major Violations Resolved in a Conciliation Agreement.” If the CO issued an SCN, the CO should use sample form Letter L-40. If the CO did not issue an SCN, the CO should use Letter L-41.