Compliance and Tools
Executive Order 13166 mandates that all DOL programs should ensure meaningful access to employment and training services. Please find below resources to assist states and local areas in complying with this mandate.
- Census Data Training and Employment Notice - Announcement of the release of on-line training resources including the Special Tabulation of LEP Information from Census 2000 and Glossary of Terms.
- Special Tabulation of LEP Information from Census 2000 - Provides data on limited English proficient populations within the geographical service areas of state and local Workforce Investment Areas.
- Glossary of Terms - A glossary of 144 terms commonly used in the delivery of WIA services, translated into Spanish. A resource for bilingual staff, interpreters and translators.
ETA has made several investments into research and demonstration projects that provide English language and occupational training to ensure individuals with limited English proficiency obtain career ladder positions in high growth industries.
- LEP/Hispanic Worker Initiative SGA
- Prior Investments (2004-2005)
- CBS Evening News Report on the Sed de Saber Project
- Public Service Announcement Promoting Health Care Careers to Hispanics Done in Partnership with Univision Communications
- English Proficiency: What Employers Need For Their Spanish-Speaking Workforce, Final Report
- Executive Order 13166, Improving Access to Services for Persons with Limited English Proficiency
- Title VI Civil Rights Act of 1964
- EO Posters other than English
- "I Speak" Language Identification Flashcard (PDF)
- Plan for Improving Access to Services for Persons with LEP
- Limited English Proficiency Guidance
- Limited English Proficiency Website
- Hispanic Worker Initiative Binder