The mission of the Employment and Training Administration is to contribute to the more efficient functioning of the U.S. labor market by providing high-quality job training, employment, labor market information, and income maintenance services primarily through state and local workforce development systems.
Our vision is to promote pathways to economic liberty for individuals and families working to achieve the American Dream. On behalf of American taxpayers, the Employment and Training Administration will administer effective programs that have at their core the goals of enhanced employment opportunities and business prosperity.
- We will be faithful to the American taxpayer and support programs that are outcome-focused and results-oriented.
- We will encourage business growth through the creation of an agile workforce-one that can respond quickly and effectively to the changing needs of business and the new economy.
- We will strive to turn individuals into career entrepreneurs by equipping them with the information they need to develop the knowledge, skills and abilities sought after in the new economy.
- We will bolster opportunities for those less fortunate so they can gain the freedom to make sound economic decisions for themselves and their families.
- We will uphold the principles of federalism and understand that states and local communities are the most competent administrators of our domestic concerns.
- We will administer a workforce system that partners and connects with public and higher education systems to prepare the workforce of the 21st century with career opportunities and skills in high-job-growth sectors.
- We will ensure that our youth workforce training programs have a strong educational component, since it is clear that income and opportunities increase exponentially with education credentials.
- We will support strong families and vibrant communities by working with community and faith-based organizations.