What is a Recovery-Ready Workplace?
Recovery-Ready Workplaces are characterized by the adoption of policies and practices that:
- Expand employment opportunities for people in or seeking recovery;
- Inform employees in recovery that they may have the right to reasonable accommodations and other protections that can help them keep their jobs;
- Reduce the risk of substance use and substance use disorder, including through education and steps to prevent injury in the workplace;
- Facilitate help-seeking among employees with substance use disorder; and,
- Ensure access to needed services, including treatment, recovery support, and mutual aid.