Wage and Hour Division Related elaws Advisors
The elaws Advisors are interactive e-tools that provide easy-to-understand information about a number of federal employment laws. Each Advisor simulates the interaction you might have with an employment law expert. It asks questions and provides answers based on responses given.
Both employees and employers can benefit from elaws. Choose from one of the topics above to find an elaws Advisor of interest to you.
Wage and Hour Related elaws Advisors
- Fair Labor Standards Act Advisor
- Coverage and Employment Status Advisor helps identify which workers are employees covered by the FLSA.
- Hours Worked Advisor provides information to help determine which hours spent in work-related activities are considered FLSA “hours worked” and therefore must be paid.
- Overtime Security Advisor helps determine which employees are exempt from the FLSA minimum wage and overtime pay requirements under the Part 541 overtime regulations.
- Overtime Calculator Advisor computes the amount of overtime pay due in a sample pay period based on information from the user.
- Child Labor Rules Advisor answers questions about the FLSA’s youth employment provisions, including at what age young people can work and the jobs they can perform.
- Section 14(c) Advisor helps users understand the special minimum wage requirements for workers with disabilities.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Advisor
- Poster Advisor can be used to determine which poster(s) employers are required to display at their place(s) of business. Posters, available in English and other languages, may be downloaded and printed directly from the Advisor.
- FirstStep Recordkeeping, Reporting and Notices Advisor - assists employers determine which recordkeeping, reporting and notice requirements apply to them under DOLís major laws.
- FirstStep Employment Law Advisor assists businesses in finding information about major Department of Labor employment laws that may be applicable.