If your employer furloughs you because it does not have enough work for you, you are not entitled to take paid sick leave or paid expanded family and medical leave. However, you may be eligible for unemployment insurance benefits. Please contact your state unemployment insurance office for specific questions about your eligibility. You can find the contact information at https://www.careeronestop.org/LocalHelp/UnemploymentBenefits/find-unemployment-benefits.aspx.

Still have questions? Contact us!

U.S. Department of Labor
Wage and Hour Division
Contact Us Online