Contractors that meet certain jurisdictional thresholds have an obligation to develop and maintain written Affirmative Action Programs (AAPs).
The Contractor Portal is OFCCP’s platform where covered federal contractors and subcontractors must certify, on an annual basis, whether they are meeting their requirement to develop and maintain annual AAPs. The portal allows multiple users from individual organizations to register, manage records, and certify each establishment and/or functional/business unit, as applicable.
Beginning March 31, 2023, federal contractors will be able to certify the status of their AAPs for each establishment and/or functional/business unit, as applicable. The deadline for certifying compliance is June 29, 2023.
Use 2018 EEO-1 data when registering for the Contractor Portal
Enter EEO-1 identifiers from the 2018 EEO-1 report only
- The Contractor Portal's registration process is configured to work only with information from the 2018 EEO-1 report. At this time, no other versions of the EEO-1 report are supported.
- If you have filed a 2018 EEO-1 report and attempted to register using the 2018 EEO-1 identifiers for the “Headquarter/Company Number” and “Establishment/Unit Number” fields and receive an error, please contact the Contractor Portal Technical Help Desk for assistance through the OFCCP Contractor Portal Technical Help Request Form. Do not attempt to register for the portal using the “Identifiers Not Known Path,” as this will result in the portal account not being matched to the company records in the system and data for your company will not pre-populate.
Parent Companies who did not file a 2018 EEO-1 report, Educational Institutions, or other federal contractors
Parent Companies who did not file a 2018 EEO-1 report, Educational Institutions, or other federal contractors or subcontractors who have not received any invitation from OFCCP to register may be able to register based on the criteria listed below:
- Contractors who did not file a 2018 EEO-1 report but have been issued an EEO-1 identifier in another year should register following the instructions for the “Identifiers Not found Path” in the OFCCP Contractor Portal User Guide.
- Contractors who are Educational Institutions having IPEDS should register following instructions for the “Educational Institutions Registration” in the OFCCP Contractor Portal User Guide.
- Contractors who have never been issued an EEO-1 identifier because they are located in a U.S. territory should contact the OFCCP Help Desk at 1-800-397-6251 for assistance with registering.
- Contractors who are not part of any of the above groups and who have never been issued an EEO-1 identifier are not able to register in the Contractor Portal until they are required to file an EEO-1 report. These contractors must wait until they have an EEO-1 identifier to register. Contractors that are unable to obtain their EEO-1 identifier until a later date are still required to meet their obligations to develop and maintain their AAPs.
Requesting a Bulk Upload/Modification of Establishments or Functional/Business Units
After registering a Parent Company in the Contractor Portal, a contractor should update records by modifying or adding applicable establishments or functional/business units to the Parent Company profile. Companies with 100 or more establishments or functional/business units may request to have establishments or functional/business units modified or uploaded in bulk by using the Bulk Upload/Modification Template.
For more information regarding the bulk upload/modification request process, please refer to the Bulk Upload/Modification Request Instructions and corresponding FAQs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit the Contractor Portal FAQs.
OFCCP's Contractor Portal Federal Contractor Briefing-Certification March 2023
OFCCP’s Contractor Portal Federal Contractor Briefing-Certification Webinar - March 31, 2022