The Chief Evaluation Office (CEO) coordinates, manages, and implements the U.S. Department of Labor's (DOL) evaluation program. Led by the DOL Chief Evaluation Officer, Christina Yancey, Ph.D., CEO is an independent evaluation office, located organizationally in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Policy.
CEO works closely with all offices and agencies throughout DOL to develop and implement evaluations that address priorities set by the Secretary and the agencies. CEO also collaborates externally with colleagues in other federal departments and in the professional evaluation and research communities.
CEO also develops the annual DOL Evaluation Plan, which describes evaluation projects projected for funding in the subsequent fiscal year.
CEO is committed to compliance with the DOL Evaluation Policy, which presents key principles that govern DOL's planning, conduct, and use of program evaluations. The policy represents a commitment to conducting rigorous, relevant evaluations in an independent and transparent way, and to using evidence from evaluations to inform policy and practice.
Agencies We Work With
To develop and implement evaluations, CEO works closely with all offices and agencies throughout DOL, including:
- Bureau for International Labor Affairs (ILAB)
- Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA)
- Employment and Training Administration (ETA)
- Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP)
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP)
- Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS)
- Office of the Solicitor (SOL)
- Office of Workers' Compensation Programs (OWCP)
- Veterans Employment and Training Services (VETS)
- Wage & Hour Division (WHD)
- Women's Bureau (WB)