The DOL Chief Evaluation Office commissioned two new surveys to understand the range of perspectives on FMLA in the United States. The studies will update and expand the evidence about FMLA use and leave-taking that has been generated by three prior "waves" of surveys (1995, 2000, and 2012).
The Department of Labor Behavioral Interventions project explores how insights from behavioral science can be used to improve the performance and outcomes of DOL programs.
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the American Apprenticeship Initiative (AAI) training programs across all 46 grantees.
National Health Emergency Demonstration Grants to Address the Opioid Crisis: Implementation Evaluation
Reemployment and Eligibility Assessment (REA) Program Evaluation
- Evaluation of Impacts of the Reemployment and Eligibility Assessment (REA) Program: Final Study
- Evaluation of Impacts of the Reemployment and Eligibility Assessment (REA) Program: Final Report Appendices
- REA Impact Study Briefs: Findings Summary
- REA Impact Study Briefs: Methodological Insights
Reentry Employment Opportunities Evaluation
CLEAR — Clearinghouse for Labor Evaluation and Research
CLEAR's mission is to make research on labor topics more accessible to practitioners, policymakers, researchers, and the public more broadly.
Evaluation Policy Statement
This evaluation policy statement presents key principles that govern the Department of Labor's (DOL) planning, conduct, and use of program evaluations. The policy represents a commitment to conducting rigorous, relevant evaluations and to using evidence from evaluations to inform policy and practice... [Read more]
Other DOL Research Offices
- Bureau of International Labor Affairs (ILAB)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
- Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA)
- Employment and Training Administration (ETA)
- Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA)
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
- Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP)
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP)
- Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS)
- Office of Workers' Compensation Programs (OWCP)
- Veteran Employment & Training Service (VETS)
- Wage and Hour Division (WHD)
- Women's Bureau (WB)
- Workforce System Strategies (ETA)
Items of Note
Foundations for Evidence-Based Policymaking Act of 2018
On January 14, 2019, H.R. 4174 was enacted after being sign by the President. H.R. 4174 addresses several recommendations from the final report issued by the Commission on Evidence-Based Policymaking. Specifically, the bill.
- Requires federal agencies to create evidence-building plans for identifying and addressing policy questions relevant to the programs, policies, and regulations of the agency;
- Establishes Chief Evaluation Officers to continually assess the coverage, quality, methods, consistency, effectiveness, independence, and balance of the portfolio of evaluations, policy research, and ongoing evaluation activities of the agency; and
- Creates an advisory committee to study the Commission’s recommendation to create a National Secure Data Service.