DOL’s Clearinghouse for Labor Evaluation and Research (CLEAR) is releasing new rapid evidence reviews that provide up-to-date syntheses of rigorous evidence of important labor-related topics. Newly-added reports summarize what we know about emergency response strategies to support workers and businesses in the context of COVID-19. Read more on CLEAR’s trending research page.
The purpose of this project is to design and conduct analysis to build and expand the evidence portfolio on apprenticeships, including models, components, partnerships, and strategies. The project will include evaluations of apprenticeship models used in the Scaling Apprenticeship through Sector-based Strategies and Closing the Skills Gap grants, and other DOL apprenticeship grants.
The Department of Labor Behavioral Interventions project explores how insights from behavioral science can be used to improve the performance and outcomes of DOL programs.
Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) Technical Assistance Centers Customer Satisfaction Evaluation
CLEAR — Clearinghouse for Labor Evaluation and Research
CLEAR's mission is to make research on labor topics more accessible to practitioners, policymakers, researchers, and the public more broadly.
Evaluation Policy Statement
This evaluation policy statement presents key principles that govern the Department of Labor's (DOL) planning, conduct, and use of program evaluations. The policy represents a commitment to conducting rigorous, relevant evaluations and to using evidence from evaluations to inform policy and practice... [Read more]
Other DOL Research Offices
- Bureau of International Labor Affairs (ILAB)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
- Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA)
- Employment and Training Administration (ETA)
- Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA)
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
- Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP)
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP)
- Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS)
- Office of Workers' Compensation Programs (OWCP)
- Veterans' Employment & Training Service (VETS)
- Wage and Hour Division (WHD)
- Women's Bureau (WB)
Items of Note
Foundations for Evidence-Based Policymaking Act of 2018
On January 14, 2019, H.R. 4174 was enacted after being sign by the President. H.R. 4174 addresses several recommendations from the final report issued by the Commission on Evidence-Based Policymaking. Specifically, the bill.
- Requires federal agencies to create evidence-building plans for identifying and addressing policy questions relevant to the programs, policies, and regulations of the agency;
- Establishes Chief Evaluation Officers to continually assess the coverage, quality, methods, consistency, effectiveness, independence, and balance of the portfolio of evaluations, policy research, and ongoing evaluation activities of the agency; and
- Creates an advisory committee to study the Commission’s recommendation to create a National Secure Data Service.