Global Action Program (GAP) on Child Labor Issues
In November 2010, members of the ILO’s Governing Body formally endorsed a Roadmap for Achieving the Elimination of the Worst Forms of Child Labor by 2016. This project aims to support and further the goals of the Roadmap. Many countries have taken measures to address child labor and forced labor but significant gaps still remain.
Project Objectives: The GAP project will focus on (1) building the capacity of national governments and developing strategic policies to address the elimination of child labor and forced labor; (2) improving the evidence base through data collection and research; and (3) strengthening legal protections and social service delivery for child domestic workers
Summary of Activities:
The project is designed to reach these objectives through the following activities:
- Identify gaps in the child labor legal/regulatory framework in target countries
- Provide technical assistance to key stakeholders to more effectively monitor and enforce child labor laws and regulations
- Assist target countries in developing National Action Plans or other policies to address child labor and forced labor
- Assist target countries in developing policies to address populations vulnerable to child labor and forced labor
- Conduct national and sector-specific child labor and forced labor surveys
- Develop child labor modules to existing impact evaluations
- Produce country-level situational analysis and policy appraisal reports in target countries
- Produce multi-country studies on topics that influence child labor and forced labor
- Build research capacity of local research institutions to collect data on child labor and forced labor
Protection of Child Domestic Workers
- Identify gaps in legal protections and social services in target countries
- Design policy frameworks to protect child domestic workers in target countries
- Pilot programs to protect child domestic workers
International Labor Organization (ILO)
Catering, and Allied Workers/International Domestic Workers Network, Agricultural, Global March to End Child Labor, Hotel, International Union of Food, Restaurant, Tobacco
Related Project Resources
- Ukraine National Child Labour Survey 2014-2015
- Sectoral Survey of Child Labour in Informal Tin Mining in Kepulauan Bangka Belitung Province, Indonesia 2014
- Child Labour and Education in Pastoralist Communities in South Sudan
- Report of the National Child Activity Survey: Belize 2013
- Child Labour in Herding in Rural Areas of Swaziland
- Protect Children from Pesticides! Visual Facilitator's Guide.
- Protect Children from Pesticides! Visual Facilitator's Guide - Latin America and Caribbean
- Protect Children from Pesticides! Visual Facilitator's Guide - Asia and Pacific
- Protégeons Nos Enfants des Pesticides!. Guide Visuel d'Animation.
- Proteger as Crianças dos Pesticidas!. Guia visual do Facilitador.
- Protect Children from Pesticides! Visual Facilitator's Guide - Russian
- ¡Protege a los Niños de los Plaguicidas!. Guía visual del facilitador.