NAWS data are limited because the NAWS sampling universe does not include:
- Persons employed at eligible establishments who do not perform crop-related work, such as secretaries or mechanics, unless such workers also perform crop-related work; and
- Crop workers with a H-2A visa (a temporary-employment visa for foreign agricultural workers).
- The NAWS interviews farm workers who are currently working in agriculture. Farm workers who have been out of work for over a year are not included in the sampling frame.
- Except for California, the data are not available at the state level.
- The health condition variables report diagnoses over the life of the respondent and may not represent health conditions at the time of interview. Work-relatedness was not assessed for the health conditions.