Office of Workers' Compensation Programs (OWCP)
Contacting Your Federal Employees Program Offices
If you were injured on the job while employed by a private company or state/local government, contact your state workers' compensation board.
Case Related Inquiries/Correspondence:
- Respond to an OWCP Letter Electronically: Create an account in our ECOMP system, track your case and respond electronically through your Claimant Dashboard.
- Access the Latest Information about Your Case: Create an account in our ECOMP system, click on your case and learn the status of your medical bills, pharmacy requests, disability claim, and much more using your Claimant Dashboard.
- Submit documents electronically to start an Inquiry/Request: Upload your written inquiry through the ECOMP Upload Documents to Case page for same day receipt by OWCP and the ability to track its status.
- General Telephone Inquiries: (202) 513-6860 (Monday-Friday, 9:30am to 6:30pm, ET)
- Telephone Inquiries for Hearings & Reviews: (202) 693-0045 (Monday-Friday, 9:30am to 6:30pm, ET);
- Congressional Inquiries: Congressional offices may reach the Federal Employees Program using:
Phone: For Congressional Offices Only (202) 513-6838 (Monday-Friday, 9:30am to 6:30pm, ET)
- Accommodation Telephone Inquiries: (202) 513-6802 (Monday-Friday, 9:30am to 6:30pm, ET. Dedicated line for individuals with hearing impairments)
- Written Inquiries:
U.S. Department of Labor
OWCP/Federal Employees Program
P.O. Box 8311, London, KY 40742-8311
Please do not send CDs, Flash Drives, DVDs, or other electronic media. We are unable to access these for security reasons. Either print and send or follow the instructions to upload the documents to ECOMP.
Medical Bill Related Inquiries/Submissions:
- Send questions about medical authorization requests or medical bill status to the Medical Bill Processing Portal.
Helpful Information and Links:
- Federal Employees Program Home Page
- Injury Compensation Basic Training
- Employees' Compensation Operations & Management Portal (ECOMP)
- OWCP Forms
- Claimant Debt Repayment
The map below shows the office locations for the Federal Employees Program, but District Directors oversee claims across multiple locations and claims are not assigned based on geography.