Pursuant to Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act (LMRDA) section 202, labor union officers and employees (other than exclusively clerical or custodial employees) must report on the Form LM-30 concerning certain interests held in, payments received from, and transactions with employers. Similarly, pursuant to LMRDA section 203(a), an employer must report on Form LM-10, subject to certain exemptions, specified financial dealings with unions and union officials and agents (see the Form LM-10 FAQ for further information). Such disclosure makes public any actual or likely conflict between the personal financial interests of union officers or employees and their obligations to the union and its members, as well as exposes any potential employer domination or interference with the union.
Additionally, under LMRDA section 203(a) and subject to certain exceptions, an employer must also report on expenditures and agreements with labor relations consultants involving persuading employees concerning their rights to organize and bargain collectively; surveil the activities of employees and labor unions involved in a labor dispute with the employer; and activities undertaken with an object to interfere with, restrain, or coerce employees concerning their labor rights. For further information on persuader and surveillance reporting, and to view the Form LM-10 and its instructions, please see the employer and consultant reporting page.
The Forms LM-10 and 30 must be filed electronically pursuant to the OLMS Electronic Forms System (EFS). They are annual reports, filed within 90 days after the conclusion of the filer’s fiscal year. OLMS makes all submitted reports publicly available on the OLMS Public Disclosure Room. There, you can view submitted Form LM-10 and LM-30 reports and search for reports by employer or labor organization officer or employee name.
Labor Organization Officer and Employee Reporting (Form LM-30)
- File Using the Electronic Forms System
- Facsimile of Form LM-30 (PDF)
- Instructions for Form LM-30 (PDF)
- LMRDA Section 202 and LMRDA Section 203 and Implementing Regulations (29 CFR Parts 404 and 405)
- Fact Sheet on Filing the Form LM-30 - HTML Version and PDF Version
- Form LM-10 and Form LM-10 Instructions
- Form LM-10 FAQs (which provide information concerning reportable payments to unions and union officials, pursuant to LMRDA section 203(a)(1))
- OLMS Interpretative Manual Sections 240 (LM-30 reporting) and 250 (Form LM-10 employer reporting)
- Labor Organization Reporting and Disclosure Requirements
- Persuader and Surveillance Reporting Requirements
- Advisory on Union Officer Elections and Public Disclosure Reporting in Areas Affected by COVID-19 and Natural Disasters
- For assistance using the Electronic Forms System (EFS), contact the OLMS Help Desk at (866) 401-1109 or email@example.com.
- Contact OLMS with questions regarding Forms LM-10 and LM-30 reporting requirements at (202) 693-0123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact information for all OLMS field offices is available at: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/olms/contact/regions.
- How to File a Complaint with OLMS.
- Subscribe to the OLMS mailing list for updates: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/olms/about/newsletter.
Last Updated: 12-15-22