How to Access the Collective Bargaining Agreements File

Collective bargaining agreements (CBAs) are available from the Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS) Online Public Disclosure Room.  If you have any questions, or if you are a union or employer that would like to submit a CBA for posting, please contact OLMS at or call OLMS: (202) 693-0123. 

*If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability, please dial 7-1-1 to access telecommunications relay services.

About the Collective Bargaining Agreements File

As a result of Secretary's Order 4–2007, issued in May 2007, the authority for maintaining the Department of Labor's CBA file was transferred to OLMS from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The CBA file has been maintained since 1947, pursuant to Section 211(a) of the Taft-Hartley Act, which directs the Department of Labor to collect these agreements “for the guidance and information of interested representatives of employers, employees, and the general public.”

In addition, OLMS accepts and posts CBAs received voluntarily from either the employer or the labor union (or their employees or agents), singly or jointly. However, if either of these parties objects, OLMS will not accept the CBA. As a result, some materials may not be current or available for all major bargaining units.

Further, OLMS does not collect CBAs from the railroad and airline industries. The National Mediation Board is responsible for copies of CBAs covering railroads and airlines. The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) also posts federal-sector CBAs on its site:

Finally, please note that the Department has an agreement with Cornell University to provide it with older, pre-1990s CBAs.  Cornell posts CBAs on its website at:

Last Updated: 1-27-22