Section 311(b)(1)(C) of the Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009 (CHIPRA) (Pub. L. 111-3) (Feb. 4, 2009), directs the Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Secretary of Labor to jointly establish a Medicaid, CHIP, and Employer-Sponsored Coverage Coordination Working Group ("the CHIP Working Group"). The CHIP Working Group, as chartered, under the legal authority of section 311(b)(1)(C) of CHIPRA (Pub. L. 111-3), is also governed by the provisions of the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA), 5 U.S.C. App. The Children's Health Insurance Program Working Group was established on April 3, 2009. The purpose of the Working Group shall be to:
- Develop a model coverage coordination disclosure form for plan administrators of group health plans to complete for purposes of permitting a State to determine the availability and cost-effectiveness of coverage available under group health plans to employees who have family members who are eligible for premium assistance offered under a State plan under titles XIX or XXI of the Social Security Act (the Act) and to allow for coordination of coverage for enrollees of such plans. The form shall provide the following information in addition to other information as the Working Group determines appropriate: 1) a determination of whether the employee is eligible for coverage under the group health plan, 2) The name and contact information of the plan administrator of the group health plan, 3) The premiums and cost-sharing required under the plan, and 4) Any other information relevant to the coverage under the plan.
- Identify the impediments to the effective coordination of coverage available to families that include employees of employers that maintain group health plans and members who are eligible for medical assistance under title XIX of the Act or child health assistance or other health benefits coverage under title XXI of the Act.
- Not later than August 5, 2010, submit to the Secretary of Labor and the Secretary of Health and Human Services the model disclosure form as stated above along with a report containing recommendations for appropriate measures for addressing the impediments (as stated above) to the effective coordination of coverage between group health plans and the State plans under titles XIX and XXI of the Act.
- Establishment of the Children's Health Insurance Program Working Group and Request for Nominations for Members
- Federal agencies hold 1st meeting of Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Program and Employer Sponsored Coverage Coordination Working Group
- Federal agencies hold 2nd meeting of Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Program and Employer Sponsored Coverage Coordination Working Group
- Working Group Draft of June 1, 2010 - Model Coverage Coordination Disclosure Form
- Working Group Draft of June 1, 2010 - Instructions for Model Coverage Coordination Disclosure Form