Promoting fundamental principles & rights at work and social dialogue
1) A series of seminars with the trade unions on the role, functions, responsibilities and internal organization of modern trade unions.
2) A series of seminars for employers and their organizations to build awareness and support for practice of dialogue, with a view to modernizing the economy and resolving labor market problems.
3) A series of seminars for workers, employers, government and members of parliament, academics, and other relevant persons and organizations to explain the functioning of a tripartite labor system, raise the understanding of the CLS and the Declaration, explain methods for giving effect to core international labor standards, and promote social dialogue.
4) A series of seminars for labor inspectors to introduce them to international inspection standards and practices and methodologies that promote more effective labor inspections.
Oman has only recently enacted legislation and policy that provides for free association and collective bargaining. Tripartism as a labor mediating function does not exist. However, as labor problems emerge, there is a compelling need to develop effective social dialogue among workers, employer and the government in order to mitigate labor unrest.
- Develop a functioning tripartite system; and
- Improve the effectiveness of labor inspections.
Worker and employer associations and the Ministry of Labor.
DATE LAST UPDATED: