Improving Labor Laws and Labor Administration within the New Industrial Relations Framework (NIRF)
This program will support Vietnam’s legislation, government bodies, and labor inspectorate to better serve the needs of Vietnamese workers, businesses, and society.
The International Labor Organization (ILO) is implementing the Vietnam NIRF program to assist the government and other stakeholders in:
- Reforming laws and regulations governing industrial relations;
- Creating and assisting new bodies within the government in managing the NIRF including the registration of labor unions of workers’ choosing; and
- Strengthening the labor inspection system at national and regional levels.
The project strategy includes efforts to:
- Organize tripartite working groups convening government representatives, employers, and workers to champion NIRF in their respective institutions.
- Support a task force, composed of MOLISA and DOLISA, to establish new industrial relations bodies.
- Assist the Industrial Relations Unit in creating a plan for training on effective mediation and arbitration.
The Ministry of Labor Invalid and Social Affairs (MOLISA), The People’s Committees, and the Department of Labor Invalid and Social Affairs (DOLISA), Industrial Relations Unit (IR Unit)