Lifetime Employment-Related Costs to Women of Providing Family Care (PDF)
Key Findings (PDF)
Mothers’ Employment Three Years Later: An Assessment of Employment Loss and Recovery During the COVID-19 Pandemic (PDF)
Pandemic Employment Losses Worse for Working Moms Without Degrees
Find links to selected blogs, reports and data resources about moms, families and work.
Data & Information
- Data and Stats on Mothers and Families Find data on selected characteristics of mothers and families, including labor force participation rates, unemployment, occupation, family type, earnings, and family income.
- National Database of Childcare Prices The most comprehensive source of child care prices at the county level with price data by provider type, age of child and county.
- Employment Protection for Workers Who are Pregnant or Nursing Information on federal and state-level employment protections against pregnancy discrimination, provisions for pregnancy accommodation, and workplace breastfeeding rights.
- Paid Leave It’s time to care about paid leave.
Learn more about access to, and the need for, paid leave.
- What to Expect from Your Employer When You’re Expecting
- For women, access to family-friendly work policies varied dramatically before COVID
- Minding the Gap: How Better Care Policies Can Help Families Balance Work and Home
- Working Moms Need Access to Leave and Job Flexibility
- For Black Women, Implicit Racial Bias in Medicine May Have Far-Reaching Effects
- Nursing Mom Fights for Workplace Rights
- The Importance of Evidence-Based Leave Policy