REPORT ONLY DOLLAR AMOUNTS
Report all amounts in dollars only. Round cents to the nearest dollar. Amounts ending in $.01 through $.49 should be rounded down. Amounts ending in $.50 through $.99 should be rounded up.
Complete all items and lines on the form as given. Do not use different accounting classifications or change the wording of any item or line.
COMPLETE ALL ITEMS 24 THROUGH 55
Complete Item 24 and all items in Statement A and Statement B. Enter “0” where appropriate.
LIST OF OFFICERS AND DISBURSEMENTS TO THEM
ITEM 24. ALL OFFICERS AND DISBURSEMENTS TO OFFICERS — List all the labor organization’s officers and report all salaries and other direct and indirect disbursements to officers during the reporting period. However, direct and indirect disbursements not involving the payment of some form of cash (cash, checks, money orders, etc.) should not be reported in Item 24 but must be explained in Item 56 (Additional Information). Any direct or indirect cash disbursement required to be included in Item 24 should not be reported in other disbursement items.
NOTE: A “direct disbursement” to an officer is a payment made by your organization to the officer in the form of cash, property, goods, services, or other things of value.
An “indirect disbursement” to an officer is a payment made by your organization to another party for cash, property, goods, services, or other things of value received by or on behalf of the officer. “On behalf of the officer” means received by a party other than the officer or your organization for the personal interest or benefit of the officer. Such payments include those made through a credit arrangement under which charges are made to the account of your organization and are paid by your organization.
Column (A): Enter in (A) the last name, first name, and middle initial of each person who held office in the labor organization at any time during the reporting period. Include all the labor organization's officers whether or not any salary or other disbursements were made to them or on their behalf by the labor organization. "Officer" is defined in section 3(n) of the LMRDA (29 U.S.C. 402) as "any constitutional officer, any person authorized to perform the functions of president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, or other executive functions of a labor organization, and any member of its executive board or similar governing body."
Column (B): Enter in (B) the title of the position each officer listed held during the reporting period. If an officer held more than one position during the reporting period, list each additional position and the dates on which the officer held the position in Item 56 (Additional Information).
Column (C): Use the drop-down menu to select the status of each officer: "N" for a new officer who took office during the reporting period; "P" for a past officer who was not in office at the end of the reporting period; or "C" for a continuing officer who was in office before the reporting period and was still in office at the end of the reporting period. If any officer was not elected at a regular election in accordance with the labor organization's constitution and bylaws or other governing documents on file with OLMS, explain the manner in which the officer was chosen in Item 56 (Additional Information).
Column (D): Enter the gross salary of each officer (before tax withholdings and other payroll deductions). Include disbursements for “lost time” or time devoted to union activities.
Column (E): Enter the total of all other direct and indirect disbursements to each officer other than salary, including allowances, disbursements which were necessary for conducting official business of your organization, and disbursements essentially for the personal benefit of the officer and not necessary for conducting official business of your organization. Examples of disbursements to be reported in Column (E) include: allowances made by direct and indirect disbursements to each officer on a daily, weekly, monthly, or other periodic basis; allowances paid on the basis of mileage or meals; all expenses that were reimbursed directly to an officer; expenses for officers’ meals and entertainment; and various goods and services furnished to officers but charged to your organization.
Column (E) must also include:
- the total maintenance and operating costs of any automobile owned or leased by your organization and assigned to an officer regardless of whether the use was for official business or for the personal benefit of the officer. If more than 50% of the use of the automobile was for the personal benefit of the officer, the amount of decrease in the market value attributable to the officer’s personal use must be reported in Item 56 (Additional Information).
- all disbursements for transportation by public carrier between the officer’s home and place of employment or for other transportation not involving the conduct of official business.
- all other direct and indirect disbursements to each officer not included elsewhere in this report. Include all direct and indirect disbursements which were essentially for the personal benefit of the officer and not necessary for conducting official business of your organization. However, disbursements for occasional non-cash gifts of insubstantial value need not be included in Column (E) if reported in Item 51 (Contributions, Gifts, and Grants).
- travel advances which are not considered loans as explained in the instructions for Item 18 (Loans).
Do not report the following disbursements in Item 24:
- loans to officers which must be reported in Item 26 (Loans Receivable) and Item 53 (Loans Made);
- benefits to officers which must be reported in Item 50 (Benefits);
- reimbursements to an officer for the purchase of investments or fixed assets, such as reimbursing an officer for a file cabinet purchased for office use, which must be reported in Item 52 (Purchase of Investments and Fixed Assets) and explained in Item 56 (Additional Information);
- indirect disbursements for temporary lodging (room rent charges only) or transportation by public carrier necessary for conducting official business while the officer is in travel status away from his or her home and principal place of employment with your organization if payment is made by your organization directly to the provider or through a credit arrangement and these disbursements are reported in Item 48 (Office and Administrative Expense); however, charges other than room rent on hotel bills must be reported in Column (E);
- disbursements made by your organization to someone other than an officer as a result of transactions arranged by an officer in which property, goods, services, or other things of value were received by or on behalf of your organization rather than the officer, such as rental of offices and meeting rooms, purchase of office supplies, refreshments and other expenses of membership banquets or meetings, and food and refreshments for the entertainment of groups other than the officers and membership on official business;
- office supplies, equipment, and facilities furnished to officers by your organization for use in conducting official business; and
- maintenance and operating costs of your organization’s assets other than automobiles owned or leased by your organization and assigned to officers.
The software will enter on Line 8, Columns (D) and (E) the totals from any continuation pages for Item 24.
Column (F): The software will add Columns (D) and (E) for each of Lines 1 through 8 and enter the totals in Column (F).
The software will add Lines 1 through 8, Columns (D) through (F), and enter the totals on Line 9.
Enter on Line 10 the total amount of withheld taxes, payroll deductions, and other deductions. Disbursements for the transmittal of withheld taxes, payroll deductions, and other deductions must be reported in Item 54 (Other Disbursements). Any portion of withheld taxes or any payroll or other deductions which have not been transmitted at the end of the reporting period are liabilities of your organization and must be reported in Item 35 (Other Liabilities). Payroll or other deductions retained by your labor organization (such as repayments of loans made) must be fully explained in Item 56 (Additional Information).
The software subtracts Line 10, from Line 9, Column F, and enters the difference on Line 11 and in Item 45 (To Officers).
Last Updated: 9.13.12