Getting in the Game: Women in Sports Careers
The U.S. Department of Labor's Women's Bureau cordially invites you to celebrate the anniversaries of Title IX and the Equal Pay Act at a roundtable conversation with women in the professional sports industry. We will be bringing together a diverse panel of women working in both men's and women's athletics to generate awareness about the challenges women experience when pursuing careers in a predominately male industry, discuss practical ways to create a more equitable workplace, and share strategies for women to help women pursue opportunities in professional sports. We will also discuss how landmark legislation, specifically the Equal Pay Act and Title IX, have successfully contributed to getting an increased number of women into these lucrative careers, and what more should be done to encourage women into "getting in the game"
- Wendy Chun-Hoon, Director of the Women's Bureau
- Suzanne Goldberg, Acting Assistant Secretary and Deputy Assistant Secretary for Strategic Operations and Outreach, U.S. Department of Education
- Lauren Holtkamp-Sterling, Official, National Basketball Association (NBA)
- KJ Spisak, Founder, Spisak Agency
- Kim Davis, Senior Executive Vice President of Social Impact, Growth Initiatives & Legislative Affairs, National Hockey League (NHL)
- Brooke Wyckoff, Head Coach, Florida State University's Women's Basketball
For any questions, please reach out to Jenna Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.