A job accommodation is an adjustment to a job or work environment that makes it possible for an individual with a disability, including some impairments related to Long COVID, to perform their job duties. ODEP funds the Job Accommodation Network (JAN), which provides free, confidential guidance on workplace accommodations.
- Long COVID and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Requesting and Negotiating Accommodations During the Pandemic.
- Dealing with Improper Requests for Medical Documentation from an Employer.
- Your Accommodation Request was Denied. What Now?
Returning to Work after Illness
Five states are testing coordinated stay-at-work/return-to-work services for ill or injured workers, including those recovering from COVID-19. ODEP conducts an initiative called Retaining Employment and Talent after Injury/Illness Network (RETAIN) in partnership with the Employment and Training Administration and Social Security Administration. Individuals from these states who are experiencing symptoms from COVID-19 and wish to participate in a return-to-work program can visit the links below for more information:
Employee Rights and Benefits
Understand and exercise your rights under the law and, when possible, recover any benefits you are owed.
- What You Should Know About COVID-19 and the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act and Other EEO Laws
- Federal Laws that Protect You Against Employment Discrimination During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COBRA Continuation Coverage
- An Employee's Guide to Health Benefits Under COBRA
- Job Loss – Important Information Workers Need to Know to Protect their Health Coverage and Retirement Benefits.
- Protecting Retirement and Health Care Benefits after Job Loss:
- Workers' Rights to Health Plan Information Fact Sheet.
- Life Changes Require Health Choices...Know Your Benefit Options.
- Work Changes Require Health Choices...Protect Your Rights.
- Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Parity.
- Maintaining Your Medicaid Benefits
Employment Services, Job Training and Unemployment Insurance
Work experience and training programs for people entering or returning to the workforce.
Laid off due to COVID-19 impacts?
- Find local help for your job search during COVID-19.
- How to file for unemployment insurance benefits.
- Unemployment Benefits Finder | CareerOneStop.
- Find food assistance for yourself and your family during COVID-19.
COVID-19 is making life stressful for nearly everyone. Find out how to access mental health care if you need it.
Do you need help with your mortgage, rent or energy bills dues to COVID-19?
Wages, Hours and Leave
- COVID-19 and the Fair Labor Standards Act, Questions and Answers.
- Report wage, hour and leave concerns at https://webapps.dol.gov/contactwhd/ or call 1-866-487-9243.
- COVID-19 and the Family and Medical Leave Act, Questions and Answers.
Health and Safety
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Coronavirus Website – The CDC coronavirus website provides comprehensive health information on a range of COVID-19 topics.
- Department of Labor Coronavirus Website