Welcome to the Office of the Senior Procurement Executive (OSPE), we are excited to have you! The mission of OSPE is to deliver consistent, high-quality, enterprise-wide procurement services to enable DOL's diverse missions, procure as a single enterprise, and maximize DOL's federal buying power. OSPE provides value-oriented acquisition and contracting operational support to DOL agencies to achieve their mission and departmental needs through innovative solutions while providing the highest level of customer service.
In addition to day-to-day procurement and contracting activities, OSPE is the home of DOL's Policy/Project Management Division (PPMD). PPMD conducts research and develops government policies that meet government-wide and DOL requirements, implements and communicates current procurement policy at DOL, and provides policy interpretations.
OSPE is also home of the Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU), which administers DOL's responsibility to ensure procurement opportunities are available for small businesses, small disadvantaged businesses, women-owned small businesses, HUBZone businesses, and businesses owned by service-disabled veterans. OSDBU serves as the Department's Ombudsman for small businesses under the Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act.
OSPE also includes the Suspension and Debarment Office, which is responsible for all debarment and suspension procedures, prevents waste, fraud, and abuse in federal procurement and non-procurement actions. Debarment or suspension of an organization or individual excludes the company and/or an individual from doing business with the federal government. These exclusions are intended to ensure that only responsible companies or individuals participate in contract actions and financial assistance awards with the federal government.
Today, when people come to know the OSPE, they recognize a distinct culture of innovation, collaboration, excellence, and customer service. OSPE staff collaborate to innovatively serve their customer's needs and participate in advancing the Department of Labor's mission. We provide enterprise-wide services to the Department in support of American citizens, wage earners, job seekers and retirees.
To be a customer focused organization that delivers consistent, high-quality, enterprise-wide procurement services to enable DOL's diverse missions and maximize DOL's federal buying power.
To build a sustainable and supported workforce of acquisition professionals characterized by integrity, leadership, and high-quality customer service.
- Always act in the best interest of the Department of Labor (DOL), ensuring an ethical procurement process
- Conduct Government business in a manner above reproach with complete impartiality and preferential treatment for none
- Know the required body of knowledge, think innovatively, and remain detail oriented
- Collaborate with customers and colleagues by sharing knowledge and expertise
- Support DOL's mission through thoughtful and diligent procurement
- Provide timely and cost-effective procurement customer support for the DOL agencies, and be a business advisor and partner with customer agencies to ensure procurement requirements are met
- Maximize DOL's federal buying power by fostering effective procurement management while promoting full and open competition
- Increase DOL procurement workforce's knowledge and skillset by investing in staff development and career opportunities
- Streamline operations to reduce duplication, effectively use resources, and continue to improve procurement performance
- Support collaboration and communication to define future DOL procurement initiatives and agility to respond to changes within DOL and mission priorities
- Provide standardized and widespread availability and access to procurement policy, guidance, and information to prepare the workforce as partners for acquisition success
- Customers and acquisition personnel collaborate effectively to deliver quality services, maintain accountability, and continue engagement, collaboration, and communication with stakeholders throughout the full acquisition lifecycle