This information is designed to assist you in making a request for records controlled by the Administrative Review Board.
There is no specific FOIA request form or format. Simply submit your either handwritten or typed request to the FOIA Coordinator for the Adjudicatory Boards. Ensure that you state in your correspondence that you are making a FOIA request. Also include in your request:
- Your name, address, and daytime telephone number.
- As much detail as you can provide on what you want (e.g., case number, party names, date of transcript, etc.) so the Board can locate the requested material and determine if you are responsible for any search or copy fees pursuant to Department of Labor FOIA regulations.
- The maximum amount of fees that you are willing to pay. You will be contacted first if assessed fees are higher than what you agreed to pay.
For material concerning yourself, your request must either be notarized or contain an "under penalty of perjury" statement (see 22 C.F.R. 171.32(b)).
- If using a notary, your request should bear your signature, the signature and seal of the notary, and be dated within six months of the date of the request.
- In lieu of a notary, you may include the following statement in your request: I declare, certify, verify or state that, under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America, I am who I claim to be.
Where to Send Your Request
Mail FOIA requests to:
U.S. Department of Labor
ATTN: FOIA Coordinator
200 Constitution Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20210-0001
E-mail requests to: email@example.com (Please note that requests submitted to any other e-mail address will not be accepted).
Fax requests to: 202-693-5035
How to Submit Follow-up Material or Obtain Status of Request
You can send follow-up correspondence to include inquiry into the status of your request by mail or fax using the above contact information. Or you can send an e-mail to BoardsFOIA@dol.gov.
For more information regarding the FOIA and FOIA request procedures visit the Department of Labor (DOL) Freedom of Information Act Webpage.