ODEP - Office of Disability Employment Policy - Driving Change Creating Opportunity
Employment and Living with HIV/AIDS Toolkit
Use Existing Resources to Work with an Employee Living with HIV/AIDS
Employers - Use Existing Resources to Work with an Employee Living with HIV/AIDS
Learn about and use the range of resources available to you and your employee; there are resources for organizations of all shapes and sizes.
Prevent employment discrimination.
- Contact the Job Accommodation Network (JAN), which is a free service of ODEP, provides information to employees and employers on job accommodations, as well as other resources, for people living with HIV/AIDS
- Visit the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) HIV/AIDS Topic Page
- Obtain educational materials for employees at HIV.gov
- Learn about resources available from the National Working Positive Coalition (NWPC)
- Read Employment and Living with HIV/AIDS: The Business Case
- Use the Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN), a resource for employers seeking to recruit, hire and retain qualified employees with disabilities
- Contact the ADA National Network, especially for questions related to non-discrimination
- Get involved with Disability:IN, a membership organization of businesses dedicated to promoting workplaces, marketplaces and supply chains inclusive of people with disabilities
- Read Inclusion@Work, an outline of effective practices for recruiting, hiring, retaining and advancing qualified individuals with disabilities
- Institute disability etiquette training for staff